What is Adware?
Adware is a type of malware (malicious software) that automatically generates pop-up advertisements on the screen. It is displayed when content is being viewed in browsers, and it will display these ads without any user action required.
How Does Adware Spread?
Adware can spread by exploiting software vulnerabilities on your computer. It may also spread by tricking users into downloading and installing the adware themselves. The adware can enter your computer through a trojan horse, a program that is disguised to look like just another application, such as Google Chrome or Microsoft Word.
How Does Rcgaxg.com Adware Work?
Rcgaxg.com adware displays pop-up ads on the web pages that you are visiting. Rcgaxg.com adware will do this without any user interaction or consent. The ads are shown either when content is being viewed in a browser or when you're doing an online search.
When ads are shown on web pages, they can be displayed over content that you've already seen. As a result, this type of adware interferes with your browsing experience and can be very annoying. The advertisements may display in pop-up windows or may open a new window to display them.
Some of the ads that are generated by Rcgaxg.com adware will direct you to click on sponsored links in order to view more ads. Others will present "sponsored results" or sponsored content in search results and search engine results pages (SERPs).
How to Remove Rcgaxg.com Adware
The first thing that you must try is to install an antimalware program on your computer that is capable of detecting and removing Rcgaxg.com adware. In addition, make sure your operating system has been updated with the latest patches and updates for vulnerabilities in software programs such as Windows Operating System (OS).
Antimalware software typically includes a removal tool that aims to eliminate the malware from your computer without any further interaction or input from you. Follow the installation wizard step by step and then all you'll need to do is wait for it to scan and remove Rcgaxg.com adware. After it has finished scanning your computer, remove the unwanted applications and reset your browser.
How to Protect My Computer From Adware
To protect your computer from Adware:
- Install an Antimalware program. Look for one with a good reputation and regularly updated definitions.
- Keep your antivirus software up-to-date by clicking on the Scan tab in the program to see what you need to download or update.
- Install all the updates for your virus protection software, such as Windows OS, Adobe Flash Player and Java.
- Use an up-to-date browser.
- Do not click on links in emails from unknown senders unless you have verified the sender's identity.
- Turn on file and folder name extensions. This will prevent malicious software from hiding itself by renaming itself to something logical (for example, Adware.Adware).
- Do not open attachments that you do not know or trust.
- Avoid downloading software from websites that are known to distribute malware or claim to distribute free software but actually distribute adware instead (often called "adware bundling").