America

Suspect behind Mass Shooting at Orange, California Likely Knew Victims

The suspect behind the shooting at the Southern California office building has been identified as Aminadab Galaxio Gonzalez, 44, from Fullerton. The shooting, which happened at 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday, left four dead, including a 9-year old boy. The shooter is believed to have had personal and business relationships with the victims.

The Orange Shooter Could Face the Death Penalty 

According to Orange County District Attorney Todd Spitzer, Gonzalez would be eligible for the death penalty if convicted.

Shots were still being fired when officers arrived at the scene. An officer-involved shooting occurred during which the suspect had been wounded. It is currently unclear whether the injury was self-inflicted or caused by an officer. The suspect was transported to a hospital in critical conditions.

Law enforcement officials believe that Gonzalez used a bike lock to hold the gates closed, which required officers to use bolt cutters to gain entry

The District Attorney's office is now looking into whether the locking of the gates constitutes a "lying in wait," which is punishable with the death penalty.

The officers who arrived at the screen found four victims who had lost their lives and a fifth victim who was transported to a hospital in critical condition.

"It appears a little boy died in his mother's arms as she was trying to save him during this horrific massacre," Spitzer said.

A witness told reporters that they heard five to seven gunshots. Neighbors initially thought that it was a car backfiring, but as the noise became louder, they realized that there was gunfire.

According to the police, this is the deadliest shooting in Orange since 1997, when a former Caltrans worker shot and killed four of his ex-coworkers.

Lawmakers Call for Better Gun Control Measures

This deadly shooting comes only a week after two other fatal incidents in Colorado and Atlanta, prompting calls for President Joe Biden and congress to take action on gun control.

While House Democrats sent a letter to Biden urging him to take executive action to regulate concealable firearms, White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said that the administration has already been "working on a couple of levers."

Both Biden and Psaki said that they are open to a "debate and discussion" with Republicans to help move legislation forward.

Show More

Reactionary Times News Desk

All breaking news stories that matter to America. The News Desk is covered by the sharpest eyes in news media, as they decipher fact from fiction.

Previous/Next Posts

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button