Table of Contents
Understanding the Issue
The insufficient storage space error in Genshin Impact, defined by the error code -9907, is a common problem encountered by players on their Android devices. This problem occurs when the device does not have enough free storage space available to install new updates, download necessary files, or run the game smoothly. Genshin Impact, being a high-quality graphics game with a vast open world to explore, demands a significant amount of storage space. If the device's storage is nearly full or lacks the needed space, the game will throw an 'insufficient storage space' error. It's a common error but is fixable through several methods.
Insufficient storage space error and Genshin Impact
The 'insufficient storage space' error is a common issue that Android users may face while playing Genshin Impact. It is signified by the error code -9907. Genshin Impact is a relatively large game, with the base game and updates together requiring a substantial amount of storage space. This means that if your device's storage space is filled with other applications, media, or other files, Genshin Impact might not have the necessary space to function properly, hence leading to the error. Resolving this issue mainly involves freeing up your device's storage space.
Common reasons for the issue
There are several reasons why you might encounter the 'insufficient storage space' error while playing Genshin Impact on your Android device. One of the most common reasons is simply having insufficient free space on your device. Genshin Impact is a large game and requires a reasonable amount of free storage space to install and run correctly.
Another reason could be the cluttering up of cache and redundant data on your device. Over time, your device accumulates cache and unnecessary files, leading to the occupation of a large amount of space. Cleaning them can significantly free up space and may help in resolving the error.
Lastly, it could be due to the storage space being filled up with other heavy apps, pictures, videos, and files. Backing up these files to an external drive or cloud and thereby freeing up the internal storage space can also be a solution.
Adjusting Graphics Driver Settings
Adjusting the graphics driver settings on your Android device might also help resolve the Insufficient Storage Space issue in Genshin Impact. Factors such as high-resolution textures, complex character models, and advanced environmental effects require a considerable amount of storage space. Setting the "System Graphics Driver" for the game can potentially reduce storage use and improve the game's performance. This can be achieved by enabling the developer options in your Android phone settings.
Enabling the Developers Options in phone settings
To change the graphics driver settings, first, you need to enable the Developer Options on your Android device. Here's how:
- Go to your device's settings
- Scroll to "About Phone" and tap on it
- In the "About Phone" section, tap seven times on "Build Number". This will unlock the Developer Options
- Go back to the main settings menu and you'll now find "Developer Options" there. Tap on it to access the settings
Setting “System Graphics Driver” for Genshin Impact
Once the Developer Options are enabled, you can now change the System Graphics Driver settings for Genshin Impact:
- In the Developer Options, scroll down to the "Hardware accelerated rendering" section
- Select the "Set GPU renderer" option
- Choose the system graphics driver as the default renderer for the game. This allows the game to utilize your device's graphics capabilities to the fullest, resulting in better performance and potentially reducing the need for storage, thus helping solve the insufficient storage space issue
Remember, these adjustments might not be the ultimate solution, but they can potentially help enhance the game's performance and solve the Insufficient Storage Space issue.
Checking Storage and Uninstalling Unnecessary Apps
Another effective approach to solving the Insufficient Storage Space problem on Android while playing Genshin Impact is by manually managing your device's storage. This involves checking your device's current storage usage and uninstalling unnecessary apps that may be consuming large spaces.
Accessing “Battery and device care” in settings
Android provides a system module named "Battery and device care" in your device settings, which allows you to gauge your storage and other device health stats efficiently. Here's how you can access it:
- Open your device 'Settings'
- Scroll down and tap on 'Battery and device care'
- There, tap on 'Storage' to view the current storage status of your device
Checking storage usage and freeing up space
The tool will show how much storage is being used and how much is available. It also shows the storage consumption of different categories such as Apps, Pictures, Videos, etc. If your storage usage is over 80-90%, it's time to free up some space. Here's how you can do it:
- Tap on 'Clean Now' if available. This will remove unnecessary data and cache files
- Delete unnecessary files, images or videos
Uninstalling larger apps from Play Store
The Play Store provides an option under 'My apps & games > Installed' to sort apps based on size. With this, you can identify and uninstall larger unused apps to make room for Genshin Impact. It can be done using the following steps:
- Open Play Store
- Tap on the three lines in the top-left corner, then 'My apps & games'
- Go to the 'Installed' section
- Click on 'Storage used' to sort the installed apps based on their size
- Select and uninstall the apps that are not necessary and are taking up a lot of space
Ensuring sufficient storage space on your device is not only required for smooth gameplay but it also enhances your device's overall performance.
Reinstalling the Genshin Impact Game
If all other solutions fail to resolve the Insufficient Storage Space error and there’s enough space available on your Android device, reinstalling Genshin Impact could be an effective solution. Though it sounds simple, a fresh installation of the game will erase all the residing game cache and redundant data, ensuring the installation of its most recent version with all the necessary files and updates.
Uninstalling and reinstalling Genshin Impact
To get started with the reinstall process, first, uninstall Genshin Impact:
- Go to your device 'Settings'
- Click on 'Apps' or 'Apps and notifications'
- Find and select 'Genshin Impact'
- Tap on 'Uninstall' and confirm the prompt.
Once the uninstallation process is finished, restart your device and reinstall the game:
- Go to the Google Play Store
- Search for 'Genshin Impact'
- Click 'Install' to start the download and installation process
Restarting the phone and downloading the game package
After reinstalling the game, it is recommended to restart your phone before launching the game. This is to ensure that no previous instances of the game are running in the background, which might lead to conflicts.
On launching the game after reinstalling, it will download the necessary game packages. Make sure to leave the game open and screen on during this process to avoid any interruptions. This approach is often successful in resolving the insufficient storage space error as the game gets a fresh start with no residual files and data causing any hiccups.