Gamers are gearing up for the November launch of the PS5, which is fast approaching. Sony recently wrapped up a showcase that showed off the release date, price, and launch lineup of the console. New information has come in since then, including details about pre-orders, specs, and the like.
The World Awaits the PS5
The PS5 pre-orders have been one of the biggest stories coming out of the conference. Sony didn’t specify when pre-orders would open during the Showcase, revealing the information on Twitter. However, it seems that some places were taking pre-orders early, and now many places are already sold out. Sony has promised to make more available for pre-order, so keep an eye out on Target, Amazon, Best Buy, Gamestop, and wherever else you buy your games from.
The PS5 Showcase highlighted the price and official release date for the console and showed some of the launch titles for gamers to get excited about. The console will come in two versions, a Digital version with no disc tray and a standard version. The digital version is a bit cheaper, coming in at $399 compared to the $499 price tag of the standard edition. Both editions will launch in North America on November 12 and then a week later in Europe on November 19.
Sony showcased (pardon the pun), plenty of games during the event as well. Fans were treated to more in-depth looks at games such as the Spider-Man game and the world premiere of the latest addition to the Final Fantasy series; Final Fantasy XVI. Here are more upcoming games for the console:
- Final Fantasy XVI: The latest Final Fantasy game is set for a “console exclusive” launch on the PS5, but will also be available on PC. Don’t expect it to come to Xbox like earlier titles in the series, however.
- God of War: Ragnarok. Kratos returned to the world in God of War in 2018, and now he’s getting another new game. The sequel to the 2018 smash hit is called God of War: Ragnarok, and it is due to be released in 2021.
- Hogwarts Legacy: Harry Potter fans have been discussing the potential for Hogwarts Legacy for some time now. The rumors have been confirmed, and the game is coming to the PS5. Players will be able to attend Hogwarts and see more of the magical world than ever before.
- Playstation Plus Collection: PS Plus members are set to be treated to a slew of PS4 games that work perfectly on their PS5 for no extra cost. The range of games includes Bloodborne and Uncharted 4.
- Spider-Man: Miles Morales: The new Spider-Man game on PS4 was hailed as one of the best superhero games ever. Spider-Man returns, along with Miles Morales, in Spider-Man: Miles Morales for PS5. The trailer showed Miles saving the day, and we can’t wait to swing into action.
- Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition: Devil May Cry 5 was a big hit for the current generation of games, and now it is getting a special enhanced version for the PS5. The new version features Vergil as a playable character.